I emailed Dr. Castenda, like I said I would, and she got back to me about the story board.
Note: each team's storyboard theme is already somewhat defined in terms of life stages of the artifact (see original blog post on "exhibit process, " in which I envision the four teams based on the social biography of a single artifact). On your storyboard, you need to visually represent to me and the other teams (in draft text and miniature graphics) what concepts and materials you plan to use to interpret this stage. What is your DESIGN for your portion of the exhibit? What information do you want to convey and how? How do you plan to arrange your portion of the exhibit (i.e. what are you going to put on your portion of the gallery wall????).
Marina...do you want to take care of this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of course. Can everyone send me what additional to the text they are going to present (i.e. pics, graphics, illustrations). Do we bring it to class on Wed ot to the meeting with Dr. Casteneda?
ReplyDeleteBring it to class so that we can present it to the class.
ReplyDeleteI will hopefully be able to find a picture of an item that was once display in a museum but was repatriated by NAGPRA, and in place is a card depicting something like, "item has been removed." Also, on the walls I am hoping to be able to display the definitions of each item: funerary, unassociated funerary, sacred objects and cultural patrimony. With the pictures I will be taking of the class, I will probably want to display those also.
i can meet Monday after 2pm or Tuesday between 12-3. Is there any way we can meet with her before class on Wednesday?
ReplyDeleteTentaively lets hope that we can meet with ther around 2 on Monday. Marina has class at 3, so as long as it`s done before then, hopefully she`ll be able to make it.
ReplyDeleteOk so we are meeting with Dr. Castenda at 2pm on Monday in the museum work room.
ReplyDeleteI have to drop my daughter off at the day care center at 2:30 so I can only stay for about 15 mins, before having to leave.
ReplyDeleteThat will hopefully be ok. I am hoping the meeting wont take that long and I can stay after you go and then fill you in.
ReplyDeletesounds greAT. see you then.
ReplyDelete